* To complete thevolunteer training program
* To adhere to Advent Forestview Residence Policies and Procedures
* To be familiar with routines and expectations
* To advise supervisor if unable to fulfill duties
* To seek assistance as necessary
* To uphold the residents right to dignity and self-determination
* To recognize your role as an ambassador for Advent Forestview Residence and to act accordingly
* Visits with residents to provide companionship through mental, emotional and social stimulation.
* Prior to performing visits, advises the nurse on duty, of the residents to be visited to determine if there are any limitations to access to one or more residents on that particular day.
* Assists with program set-up and clean-up, assist residents in getting to program locations, and assists staff with the implementation of recreation programs and other related duties.
* Facilitates residents’ participation in activities.
* Maintains communication among residents, staff and volunteers.
* Remains alert to the safety of the residents and environment.
* Pet owner with a certified, trained therapeutic pet (dog) will perform friendly visits for residents with a range of complex health needs, and will vigorously monitor both the dog and resident to ensure a safe and pleasant visit.
*Enhances the quality of life for residents by promoting the human/companion animal bond
and providing opportunities for reminiscing.
Pastoral Care Visits
* Provides spiritual inspiration by reading from religious articles, praying and singing.
* Encourages residents to communicate their personal beliefs openly and without judgment.
*AdventForestview Residence encourages volunteers to present new ideas.
*Issues or suggestions should be brought to the Volunteer Coordinator’s attention.
*Assigned routines must be strictly followed unless permission is granted from the Volunteer *Coordinator to make changes to the routine.
*Volunteers are not to lift or transfer residents or perform any aspects of personal care.
*Volunteers are not permitted to transport residents in personal vehicles.
- Must be fully vaccinated and provide proof during the entry screening process.
- Proof of tuberculin test result OR chest X-ray completed within the past 6 months.
- IPAC education session scheduled for first day of volunteering.
- Complete the mandatory on-line ORCA training
- Provide a current Vulnerable sector screening by their local police department.
To Apply Online, please attach your cover letter and resume using the “Browse” button below. Click “Submit” when you are ready to send.