RESIDENT SERVICES ATTENDANT (RSA) / PSW
Full-Time and Part-Time
ABOUT ADVENT HEALTH
Advent Health Care is a not-for-profit, charitable organization affiliated with the Seventh-day Adventist Church and is led by a volunteer board of directors. Advent Health Care currently serves the needs of the community with the operation of Valleyview Residence, a 128-bed long-term care home and Forestview Retirement Residence, an a 128-suite independent and assisted-living residence.
Under the discretion of the Health & Wellness Manager, the Resident Services Attendant participates in assessing and planning the care needs of the residents. Delivers care to residents based on individualized care plan, policies and procedures, established standards of care, and as instructed by the health & wellness manager. Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of all nursing activities.
- Certificate from an approved Health Care Aide or Personal Support Worker program.
- Experience in long-term care or retirement residence will be given preference.
- Minimum Grade 12 education.
- Demonstrates good English language skills, both written and verbal.
- Participates in, and contributes to, the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) program.
- Collaborates with the care team to help develop plan of care for the residents based on their physical, emotional, social, and safety needs.
- Provides care to the residents including cognitive, social, and emotional support, according to their plan of care and in a manner that promotes comfort and safety.
- Supports residents’ optimal level of functioning in their activities of daily living while respecting their rights and choice
- Performs nursing care procedures in accordance with the standards of resident care as set out in the nursing manuals.
- Reports any deviations in the plan of care and the reason for it to immediate supervisor to ensure care needs are met.
- Completes nursing documentation accurately and legibly according to policies and procedures. Maintains health records in compliance with legislations, e.g. Privacy Act.
- Assists in monitoring and evaluating outcome of specific interventions regularly and offers information or suggestions for improvement.
- Provides ongoing support to co-workers and acts as advocate for residents and families to ensure residents’ rights are protected.
- Utilizes equipment and supplies effectively and in accordance with policies and procedures, manufacturer’s instructions, and health and safety regulations. Assists in maintaining adequate supplies on unit.
- Ensures residents’ living space and personal belongings are kept clean, free from safety hazards, and organized according to residents’ personal choice.
- Observes, reports, and documents changes in the residents’ physical and emotional condition in a timely fashion that ensures residents’ immediate needs are met.
- Participates in all aspects of the staff development program i.e. identifying own learning needs, attending and evaluating education program, and assisting with orientation of new employees, students, and agency personnel.
- Serves beverages and resident meals in dining room as requested.
- Serves residents meals in dining room as requested.
- Clears tables in dining room as requested.
- Participates in the development of unit goals and objectives, promoting team building, and achieving customer satisfaction.
- Performs laundry and housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Follows routine practices in all aspects of nursing care and complies with other infection control protocols as directed, e.g. outbreak management.
- Fulfills responsibilities according to the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, and Workplace Hazardous Material Information System. This includes maintaining a clean, efficient, and safe work environment, recognizing health and safety hazards, reporting incidents, as well as participating in fire safety activities.
- Complies with all corporate policies and procedures.
- Completes all required mandatory training/education.
- Participates in self-evaluation during performance review.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Interested Candidates should email their resumes to:
Bob Honest, email@example.com
Application Deadline: Position open until filled
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To Apply Online, please attach your cover letter and resume using the “Browse” button below. Click “Submit” when you are ready to send.