NURSE PRACTITIONER (VV)
Valleyview Residence, owned and operated by Advent Health Care Corporation, is seeking applications from qualified registered nurses for the position of Nurse Practitioner. Valleyview, opened in 2004, is a long-term care home with 174 beds, located in six home areas. Valleyview maintains a good reputation in the community for its service and care. This home is located in Toronto.
Reporting to the Administrator and accountable to the Medical Director, the Nurse Practitioner is a primary care provider to residents and works within the legislative scope of practice outlined by the College of Nurses of Ontario.
The Nurse Practitioner collaborates with the resident and family/caregiver, and the health care team in the development, implementation and evaluation of the resident’s plan of care; provides leadership and mentorship to staff that enhances their knowledge, assessment skills, and ability to care for residents in place; and leads and collaborates in research, education, and evidence- based practice initiatives to optimize the resident and health system outcomes.
- Provides comprehensive primary care to residents as part of the interdisciplinary health care team.
- Conducts person-centered comprehensive health histories.
- Collaborates with the resident to develop a person-centered plan of care.
- Engages with the resident in regular dialogue about their care plan.
- Utilizes communication and counselling skills.
- Engages residents in dialogue to determine what is important to them for health and quality of life.
- Provides person-focused health education.
- Participates in care conferences.
- Manages the care of residents by providing pharmacological, complementary and/or counselling interventions, and performs procedures within the NP scope of practice.
- Orders interprets and/or performs appropriate screening and diagnostic investigations, according to legal and professional criteria, and assumes responsibility for follow-up.
- Diagnoses illness, injuries and health-related issues according to legal, professional and institutional criteria.
- Participates in internal (e.g. Professional Advisory Committees and external resident care committees.
- Identifies, develops and implements practice innovations, in collaboration with the LTCH’s senior leadership team.
- Provides leadership and involves the interdisciplinary team in quality improvement initiatives.
- Provides leadership in developing and implementing strategies to optimize the integration of illness and injury prevention, health promotion, health maintenance, rehabilitation and restorative care activities.
- Participates with the senior leadership team in program planning to meet the needs of long-term residents and of residents of varying age groups.
- Participates in identifying, analyzing and interpreting trends in resident care outcomes and professional nursing practice issues to determine priorities for educational programming.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as Registered Nurse in the Extended Class or RN (EC)
- 1-3 years clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner, preferably with the geriatric population
- Experience with Point Click Care
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of an inter-professional team, with strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated and comprehensive understanding of ethical decision-making principles, palliative care philosophy, and quality end of life care planning.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of community resources, specifically for older adults and palliative care.
- Able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends if required.
- Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening that is less than six (6) months old at time of hire.
- As a condition of employment, candidates are required to submit documented results of TB testing, as per Public Health requirements.
- As a condition of employment, candidates are required to submit documented proof of up to date vaccinations to protect against infection of COVID-19 or any similar infectious diseases
Competitive salary commensurate with experience and a generous benefits package are being offered.
APPLICATION & MORE INFORMATION:
For more information or to submit you resume please contact:
Elizabeth Bryce, Administrator
email@example.com or 416-398-0555 ext. 1103
To Apply Online, please attach your cover letter and resume using the “Browse” button below. Click “Submit” when you are ready to send.