Health and Wellness Manager (FV)
Health and Wellness Manager
Forestview Retirement Residence is an elegant, 128-suite retirement home in North York that opened in early 2018. It is owned and operated by Advent Health Care Corporation – a non-profit, registered charity dedicated to providing services for seniors.
Under the direction of the general manager, is responsible for the care of residents in accordance with the Philosophy, Objectives and Standards of the residence and acts as general manager back-up during absence of general manager.
Current Certificate of Competence, and is member in good standing as a registered practical nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario. Possession of a current Medication Administration Certificate and experience in geriatric nursing are required. Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential. Must be able to communicate both written and orally in English. Two years in a similar position in a retirement or institutional setting will be given preference. Must be proficient in Word and Excel.
- Participates in and contributes to the Verve Quality Improvement (VQI) Program.
- Assesses the needs of individual residents and organizes for the provision of care to promote maximum resident independence.
- Supervises all health and wellness services. Ensures appropriate recruitment and scheduling. Conducts performance appraisals as per policy and procedures.
- Disciplines and recommends terminations if necessary.
- Trains and orientates new health and wellness staff.
- Does pre-admission assessments of all residents.
- Carries out planned assignments as designated by the general manager for effective resident care, taking into account the physical, spiritual, social and emotional needs of the individual, 24 hours daily.
- Establishes files for all new residents maintains same, develops initial care plan for each new resident upon admission where required.
- Participates in the development of, and implementation of, a plan of care for residents that supports independence, as a member of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Answers emergency calls from residents, giving assistance where possible, and contacts professional help and/or family when necessary.
- Complies with other infection control protocols as directed, e.g. outbreak management.
- Provides direct resident care, in accordance with current and approved standards of care, policies and procedures.
- Reviews and recommends updates to changes to policies and procedures.
- Prepares and updates job duty outlines.
- Maintains nursing department supplies at approved levels.
- Ensures the safekeeping of all drugs and nursing solutions in the residence.
- Re-orders medications monthly or as per the pharmacy schedule. Co-ordinates semi-annual drug review with pharmacy and physicians.
- Assists residents with dressing, bathing, medications and other personal needs as required.
- Develops and maintains bath and treatment schedules.
- Maintains effective communication and good interpersonal relations with residents, families, physicians, outside agencies such as discharge planners and other departments.
- Ensures accurate records of nursing observations and procedures are maintained. Completes all required reports.
- Manages finances of the department, including budgeting, purchasing and inventory.
- Participates in operating and capital budget process with general manager and ensures adherence to same.
- Maintains an up to date and accurate purchase journal.
- Assists with the implementation and enforcement of all policies and procedures. Maintains health care manual.
- Organizes and chairs meeting of all health care staff monthly and as needed.
- Assists in maintaining a neat, clean and safe environment for residents and personnel. Recognizes safety hazards and takes appropriate action. Reports incidents promptly.
- Attends and participates in health and wellness manager meetings.
- Participates in the weekend duty manager rotation of the residence, as applicable.
- Performs regular performance reviews for all staff as per Diversicare policy.
- Maintains effective communication, both written and verbal with co-workers. Uses the appropriate lines of communication with supervisory staff.
- Complies with all corporate policies and procedures.
- Completes all required mandatory training/education.
- Attends the health and wellness co-ordinators committee meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the general manager.
- Complies with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, and
- Workplace Hazardous Material Information System. This includes recognizing health and safety hazards, reporting incidents, fulfilling responsibilities under the applicable legislation, as well as participating in in-services and fire drills.
- Full-time, permanent
- Benefits include dental care, extended health care, vision care and RRSP matching
- On-site parking
- Candidates must have a reliable commute plan or plan to relocate before starting work
- Work hours are usually Monday to Friday, however, a weekend shift is included as part of a rotating schedule with other managers.
Send your cover letter and resume to: