Forestview Retirement Residence is an elegant, 128-suite retirement home in North York that opened in early 2018. It is owned and operated by Advent Health Care Corporation – a non-profit, registered charity dedicated to providing services for seniors.
The General Manager manages the overall operation of the home and is responsible for meeting financial, occupancy, and service objectives in accordance with the home philosophy and mission. Management consulting provided by Verve Senior Living.
Qualifications / Experience:
- University Degree preferred in related field
- Senior management experience preferred in retirement or hospitality industry
- Knowledge and understanding of the budget process, profit and loss statements, and control of expenses/costs.
- Exceptional English communication skills essential
- Overall management and success of the residence.
- Ensure provision of high quality resident services and effective fiscal performance of all departments through participative leadership and adherence to established performance standards.
- Develop appropriate departmental objectives for the home with the assistance of the management staff, and ensures that departmental managers are able to achieve their objectives and are performing at the highest standard.
- Ensure the needs of residents are assessed and assists in making recommendations to residents, families or staff to promote maximum resident independence and to ensure a smooth transition to the various available services, or to alternate accommodations if required.
- Ensure home complies with all governmental legislation and corporate policies and procedures.
- Ensure appropriate marketing, advertising and public relations activities are coordinated in order to maintain a positive image in the community.
- Attend and participate in internal and external meetings and Committees, representing the home.
By email to email@example.com
Or by mail
Advent Health Care, 541 Finch Ave. West, Toronto Ontario, M2R 3Y3
We thank all who apply; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
All offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Background Check.
Closing Date: September 6, 2022
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent