Full-Time and Part-Time
ABOUT ADVENT HEALTH
Advent Health Care is a not-for-profit, charitable organization affiliated with the Seventh-day Adventist Church and is led by a volunteer board of directors. Advent Health Care currently serves the needs of the community with the operation of Valleyview Residence, a 128-bed long-term care home and Forestview Retirement Residence, an a 128-suite independent and assisted-living residence.
Under the direction of the Food Service Manager, is responsible for the preparation of attractive and nutritious meals for residents and staff. Cook I will ensure staff is adequately trained and the cleanliness of the kitchen and equipment is in accordance with specific standards and regulations.
- Completion of an Ontario Chef Training or Ontario Culinary Management Diploma is a must.
- Red Seal required.
- A valid Food Handler’s Certificate.
- A valid Employment Vulnerable Persons Police Reference Check within 6 months.
- Experience in large quantity food preparation and cooking in Health Care, Long Term Care, or Retirement Residence is preferred.
- Must be available to work early or late shifts.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude necessary to meet the goals and standards of the residence.
- Strong computer and interpersonal skills.
- Prepares food for residents in accordance with sanitation and safety regulations, the menu, and methods best suited for the nutritional quality and appearance of the product.
- Participates in and promotes the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) program.
- Directs and trains staff involved with the food preparation area and equipment.
- Purchases assigned products, receives, stores, and controls food products under the direction of the food services supervisor. This would include portion control, forecasting, production requirements, evaluation of bulk leftovers and plate waste evaluation.
- Follows HACCP principles in food preparation and monitors and records food temperatures for hazardous items.
- Provides general supervision of the dietary operation when the food service manager is off duty Prepares food for special functions.
- Available to cover shifts for staff when necessary
- Participates in educational in-services and staff meetings as required.
- Participates in fire drills and fire safety.
- Complies with Occupational Health and Safety Insurance Act and WHMIS information system. This includes recognizing health and safety hazards, reporting incidents, fulfilling responsibilities under the applicable legislation, as well as participating in in-services and fire drills.
- Weekends and shift work are required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REPORTS TO: Food Services Manager
Interested Candidates should email their resumes to:
Bob Honest, firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Position open until filled
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To Apply Online, please attach your cover letter and resume using the “Browse” button below. Click “Submit” when you are ready to send.