Administrative Assistant (Summer)
Canada Summer Jobs Position:
This position is part of the Canada Summer Jobs program under the Government of Canada. This opportunity addresses one of the national priorities, which is to provide job opportunities to black and other racialized youth, particularly those facing barriers to the labour market. Candidates must be aged 18-30 and identify as black or other racialized youth.
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to staff in Advent Health’s Corporate Office, and to different departments and operations in its two senior homes, Forestview Retirement Residence and Valleyview Residence.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Enrolled in and/or have completed post-secondary education with a focus in Business Administration, Health Care, Public Relations/ Marketing and HR Management
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with social media applications such as Facebook and Twitter
- Previous experience with website development programs such as WordPress an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Perform basic office duties and provide administrative and human resources support for the operations.
- Support facility and campus operations by assisting various departments with projects. Candidate may assist in the following projects: creating video tutorials on software for new employees, digitizing COVID screening process, audits of HR and client files, marketing promotion and delivering social programs and activities
- Research, review and compile information and create reports and presentations on operational activities to support and assist in management decisions
- Engage with the public, suppliers, consultants and other service providers
- Participate in meetings and document discussions and decisions
- Contribute to the public relations and marketing efforts.
- Perform other operations and administration duties as assigned
- The position is available for the summer for at about 12 weeks with an anticipated start date of May 30, 2022.
- Compensation starting at $16.00 per hour less applicable payroll deductions. Applicants with administrative and\or management experience may be paid more.
- Work schedule will mainly take place Monday to Friday (excluding Statutory Holidays) with flexible start and end times. Workdays are 7 hours per day, 35 hours per week. Some shifts may occur on the weekend as we are a 24/7 care service provider.
- Must be willing to take a Rapid Antigen Test on-site as necessary which may involve testing on a daily basis
- Must be able to wear a face mask, face shield and other protective personal equipment as necessary
- Must show proof of at least three doses of the mRNA Covid-19 vaccine
- Must complete a current TB Test
- Must submit a Vulnerable Sector Screening Police Check
Application deadline: Friday, May 13, 2022
Qualified candidates may forward their resume to:
Nathan Horniachek, Operations Officer
Address: 541 Finch Avenue West, Toronto, M2R 3Y3
All offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Background Check and a negative TB Test
To Apply Online, please attach your cover letter and resume using the “Browse” button below. Click “Submit” when you are ready to send.